||Lovers Point Jazz Extravaganza
||Pacific Grove Performing Arts Center, 835 Forest Avenue, Pacific Grove, California, 93950
||Saturday, January 12, 2008
This is a brand new kind of jazz event. It is a one-day event in one indoor venue that will showcase music of a specific era played by combination of bands, soloists, and featured performers. It will be done in two segments: a daytime session from 9AM to 5PM of continuous music at one venue, and an evening gala concert. The sessions will resemble traditional music hall or vaudeville shows: ongoing music without a break. The music will be chosen from the body of work by American composers and lyricists written prior to 1923.
Three great bands will alternate with hot jazz pianists to keep the pace lively during the daytime session. The evening program will be a special performance by the lovely and popular Ms. Brady McKay, singing the early songs of The Last of the Red Hot Mamas, Ms. Sophie Tucker.
All of this will take place in a vintage Pacific Grove Performing Arts Center Hall in Pacific Grove that was chosen because it dates back to the era of the music being presented, and it has the authentic sound, appearance, and ambience of an old music hall. It all preserves a measure of intimacy, as seats will be limited to 592 on the main floor.
Here’s the special, unique twist of this wonderful event. It is all going to be recorded live (audio and video) to preserve the spontaneity, and will be available shortly after the concert in CD and DVD formats. You have a chance to get in on the fun, and to be a part of preserving this music for future generations.
- Uptown Lowdown
- Titanic Jazz Band
- Bring Down the House Band: The Lovers Points all-star house band includes:
- Mr. Dan Barrett: cornet, trombone, from Los Angeles, California
- Mr. Jim Buchmann: reeds, from Seattle, Washington
- Mr. Chris Calabrese: piano, from Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mr. Eddie Erickson: banjo, vocals, from Pacific Grove, California
- Ms. Sue Kroninger (Big Mama Sue): leader, washboard, vocals, from Santa Cruz, California
- Mr. Lee “Westy” Westenhofer: sousaphone, vocals, from Los Angeles, California
- Featured guest artists :
- Mr. Brian Holland: pianist from Lewisville, Texas
- Mr. Mark Allen Jones: pianist from Monterey, California
- Mr. Robbie Rhodes: pianist, from Los Angeles, California
- Mr. Chris Calabrese: pianist, from Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mr. Adam Yarian: pianist, from Los Angeles, California
- Mr. Andrew Barrett: pianist, from Costa Mesa, California
- Mr. Dan Levinson: reeds, from New York, New York
- Special evening gala:
- Ms. Brady McKay: vocalist from Carmichael, California, in concert featuring the early songs of Sophie Tucker
Note: Performer lineup subject to change
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM: daytime session
- 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM: Dinner break
- 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM: evening performance by Ms. McKay
The Performing Arts Center has individually numbered reserved seating. Sponsor, Gold Patron, Silver Patron and General admission seating is available. The venue has 674 seats with 592 seats on the main floor.
Orders by phone are currently being accepted; please contact Lovers Point Jazz Productions at (831) 333-1972.
||For more information contact Lovers Point Jazz Productions Events at email@example.com.